- 98% of wish parents felt the wish experience gave them an opportunity to be a "normal" family again.
- 9 out of 10 nurses, doctors, social workers and child life specialists say the wish experience can influence wish kids’ physical health.
- 92% of parents saw their children experience re-empowerment to take back the ability to make decisions in their lives.
- 74% of wish parents felt that the wish experience marked a turning point in their own child’s battle against their medical condition.
- Wish parents, wish-granting volunteers and health professionals who treat and refer wish kids report an increased sense of compassion, greater trust in humanity, an enhanced desire to help others and a deepened commitment to philanthropy resulting from their experience with Make-A-Wish®.
*Wish Impact Study Results -- Second Phase: Jan-Aug. 2011 (consolidated results), November 2, 2011