Kids For Wish Kids® is a Make-A-Wish® program that enables students to discover philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish, with little or no help from their teachers. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids For Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for Make-A-Wish kids. Kids For Wish Kids is an educational program that enables students to work together and develop leadership skills while raising money for a great cause. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids For Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish.
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Click Here to view and download a list of project ideas.
- Want to come up with your own creative fundraiser? Click Here to view and download a Fundraiser Brainstorm Worksheet
WISH WEEK is a week’s worth of fundraising, made up of daily events to help Make-A-Wish grant the wish of a child in your community! An individual, group of students or small steering committee can start a Wish Week; and teachers, principals and club advisers are often excellent resources. Together, your school can create an experience that will leave your entire community with memories to last a lifetime as you make wishes come true for San Diego kids. Learn the importance of community involvement, philanthropy, leadership skills, and how to work with others towards a common goal— all while having FUN and building school SPIRIT!
Click Here to view and download the Wish Week Toolkit to get started!