About the Event:
Take the opportunity to push your limits and truly challenge yourself. Grab your friends, family and co-workers and make a difference. Challenge yourself mentally, physically and philanthropically by signing up for the Make-A-Wish® Trailblaze Challenge. Over 250 local children are waiting to receive their one true wish—you can help change their lives.
The Trailblaze Challenge is a one-day endurance event that gives participants the opportunity to hike a 26-mile journey along the terrain of the Pacific Crest Trail. Participants will enjoy the picturesque mountains of Big Bear, CA. In additional to challenging themselves physically, participants will also raise much needed funds to grant the wishes of children in San Diego! This is a hike, not a race and caters to all levels from novice to advanced outdoor enthusiasts.
Complete the one-day 26-mile hike on the Pacific Crest Trail along with your fellow trailblazers!
The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) is a treasured pathway through some of the most outstanding scenic terrain in the United States. This famous hiking trail spans 2,650 miles (4,265 kilometers) from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon, and Washington. It reveals the beauty of the desert, unfolds the glaciated expanses of the Sierra Nevada, travels deep forests, and provides commanding vistas of volcanic peaks in the Cascade Range. Trailblaze Challenge San Diego will cover the iconic PCT by way of the Cougar Crest Trail and will end at Onyx Summit. Wildlife sightings can be common, and hikers will love the challenge of this beautiful trail.
Included in your hike experience:
• Specialized training program including a workout calendar and weekly group hikes
• Training Clinics - topics include hiking boots, socks and other trail essentials, hydration and nutrition, and cross training (when available)
• Support and coaching from experienced Hike Leaders and Make-A-Wish staff
• Hotel Accommodations on hike weekend at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort (3 days/2 nights)
• Trailblaze Challenge duo-dry shirt for hike weekend
• Friday night pasta party to carb load before the big day
• Transportation to and from the Trail on Hike Day
• Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid, and encouragement!
• Saturday evening post-hike celebration to share trail stories
• Sunday post-hike recognition breakfast before heading home
Each trailblazer will be asked to raise a minimum amount of funds* to cover their expenses and to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
*A non-refundable $100 donation is required at the time of registration and will be credited toward your fundraising goal.
Make-A-Wish will support hike participants each step of the way by providing each participant with a personalized fundraising webpage, as well as sponsorship and fundraising materials, tips and advice. Each Trailblazer will be provided with a specialized training program and will be invited to attend weekly group training sessions and informal meet-ups.
How to Get Involved:
Register for an Information Session to Get Started: trailblazechallengesd.org